Fitness Philosophy Statement
People are so impatient these days with an obsession with instant results. Heck, people want results yesterday; forget about now!! There’s enormous pressure from the media for us to be either thin (if you’re a woman) or muscular (if you’re a man). They’ll do whatever it takes for fast results, hence the rise in all these diet and exercise programs that promise quick results. People often miss the bigger picture. Is it really about short term gains for long term losses? One quote in particular resonates with me when I think about this issue: “A speedy rise results and a mighty fall.”
IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO LOSE WEIGHT OR GAIN MUSCLE AT A RIDICULOUS RATE, THEN I’M PROBABLY NOT THE TRAINER FOR YOU.
My desire for you is to develop your long-term fitness.
For most people wanting to get fit, it’s mostly about the aesthetics, but for me, it goes far beyond that. Having great abs and a low body fat level doesn’t necessarily mean you are healthy; trust me, I know first-hand. Don’t be fooled into thinking that fitness models on magazine covers and in contests are the epitome of health. If only you knew what they have to go through to be in “peak condition.” I believe in a holistic approach to health and fitness; one that looks at the bigger picture. Although I’m a huge advocate of strength training, I believe one should do cardio, stretch, eat well, and educate themselves. A healthy mind, body, and soul are all vital. They
all connect with and feed into each other. When you’re in great physical shape, your confidence rises. When you possess greater confidence, you have more energy, achieve more, and are prepared to try new things.
My job as your personal trainer is to:
- Motivate you to get fit: I show my clients how to make the most of their environment to get a good workout.
- Create safe, fun and enjoyable workout programs: There is no incentive to train if you’re not enjoying yourself.
- Encourage you to listen to your body and make the best choice for yourself: There is no “One-size-fits-all” method. We are all different, so it’s about finding out what works for YOU!!
- Listen to clients goals: I will assess my client and build a program that suits him/her best.
- Educate you: I will nourish you with the basics of health and fitness, so that in the long run, you’ll be able to help others.